Review: Jesus Lived In India

Jesus Lived In India Jesus Lived In India by Holger Kersten
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

On April 27, 2017, I finally finished reading the book “Jesus Lived in India; His Unknown Life Before and After the Crucifixion” by Holger Kersten. I remember thinking that the plotlines in the book seemed meandering and incoherent. I could not tell why the author transitioned from one section to the next. It seems desultory and put together by random. The linguistic research felt questionable as the author seemed to make fantastical leaps in connecting names together but I am not an expert in the languages and fields that he researched even though I am a linguist myself. With that said, I found the historical sections fascinating and it held my attention very well.

At the beginning of the book, I learned that there were two types of Biblical voices in the New Testament, which were that of Paul and Jesus. Paul’s voice is the one that preaches that all that sinners need to do is accept Jesus into their hearts as their Savior and they will automatically become Christians. This is what I was taught when I grew up in a Christian household. Needless to say, it was a shock to learn that Jesus was more of a Buddhist bodhisattva than the Savior of the Jews. It was even more interesting that the book says Islam proclaims that the Jews were deceived about the death of Jesus on the cross. The author contends that there was deception surrounding the research done on the Turin Shroud and the truth needed to come out about how it supported the idea that Jesus did not die on the cross.

Once I wrapped my head around the mind-bending concepts that the author was putting forth, the rest of the book was easier to follow. I did disagree with the author regarding the miracles surrounding Jesus such as the turning of water into wine and walking on water. The author dismisses these as mere fantasies that came from even older mythologies. He obviously hadn’t heard about the ancient alien theory where advanced alien technologies could make such things happen.

At the end of the book, the book goes into detail about how Yuz Asaf’s tomb in the Roza Bal building in Old Town Anzimar, Srinagar in Kashmir in the northernmost part of India is supposed to be the burial ground of Jesus. The author’s idea of opening up the sarcophagus to have a team of experts examine the body puts a knot in my stomach. If it is done, I hope that DNA research will be done on the remains within the sarcophagus and that the bones will be preserved with the most modern methods.


View all my reviews

Comments