Review: The End Of The World

The End Of The World The End Of The World by Lamees Alhassar
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The End of the World by Lamees Alhassar was a disappointment. The captain, who is the protagonist of the book, exhibited submissiveness to the point where I couldn’t believe that she was really a captain of a star ship on an important mission to find another world for the people of Earth to evacuate to. I bought this book because I was expecting a strong female role model but this was not the case. In addition, the author tried to do a lot of world-building through descriptions in separate sentences that disrupted the flow of the plot. However, the aliens weren’t alien enough. The interactions between the aliens and the captain or the crew did not seem to ring true and the dialogue did not logically flow from one sentence to the next. The writing was repetitious and I didn’t care for it. This book gets only three stars because I did enjoy the plot and the environmental consciousness message that it promoted.

View all my reviews

Comments